2023 ANNUAL TAX SALE PROCEDURES
The 2023 Annual Tax Sale is Monday, March 6, 2023.
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Location: Hastings Public Library (2nd Floor)
314 N. Denver Ave.
Hastings, NE 68901
(If you are familiar with the location of the Courthouse, the Library is across the street to the south. The Library opens at 9:00 a.m. The Library entrance is on the west side. There is a city parking lot across the street from the Library to the west, which is free parking.)
The following rules/procedures apply:
- One (1) representative per 10 registered companies
(For example, if you register 7 companies, you will only send 1 representative; if you register 10 companies, you will still only send 1 representative; if you register 15 companies, you will send 2 representatives, if you register 20 companies, you will still only send 2 representatives; if you register 25 companies, you will only send 3 representatives; etc.
- You must pre-register NO LATER THAN Wednesday, February 22, 2023.
- Registration must include a $25.00 non-refundable registration fee for each company. Registration also must include a registration form (either from our website or your own) and a W-9 form for each company. We ask that you also send an additional blank check(s) for any purchases with your registration.
- Once all registrations are received, we will assign, by random drawing, each registered company a bidder number. We will notify you no later than noon on Thursday, March 2, 2023 of your bidder number(s).
- The sale will be conducted by bidder number 1 choosing which property number they wish to purchase first, then bidder number 2 choosing which property number they wish to purchase first, and so forth, until all lots are sold or not sold due to lack of bidders.
- Certificate fees are $20.00 per certificate. This fee is not refundable upon redemption.
- Assignment fees are $20.00 per assignment.
The list of available properties will be published in the Hastings Tribune on February 3, February 10, and February 17, 2023, and will be placed on our website (www.adamscounty.org) in both Excel and PDF format. Both lists have a link to the Assessor’s web page to view the properties.
The Sale will be conducted in the same order as the properties are advertised and listed on our website. The properties will be numbered consecutively starting with the number “1”, highest dollar amount to lowest. The property numbers will remain the same (for example, if property 3 pays prior to the sale, that number will not be reassigned – we will go from property 2 to property 4.) The website list will be updated weekly to show which properties are no longer available (they will be highlighted in gray.) The final edit of the website list will take place March 3, 2023 so be aware that there may be additional properties which are not available that the website list does not reflect.
Please be advised that these rules/procedures may only be in effect for the year 2023.
Please call 402-461-7125, 402-461-7130 or 402-461-7253 if you have any questions.