Copy of Marriage License Application
Marriage License Requirements
- As of August 30, 2015 fee for license is $25.00 in cash, check or credit card.
- Certified copy fee is $9.00 per copy.
- Proof of identity and age: A Driver's License, State ID Card, Passport, Military ID, etc. (Photo ID)
- NE Bureau of Vital Records require applicants to supply Social Security numbers. If applicants do not have Social Security numbers we ask the applicants to sign a statement to that effect.
- License is good for one year any place in Nebraska
- Applicants must provide names of their parents (including mother's maiden names) and their parents place of birth (city and state)
- If either applicant is not of legal age (19), a notarized consent form must be signed by the person's legal guardian giving consent to the marriage of a minor, if either applicant is under 17 years of age, license cannot be issued in Nebraska.
- There is no waiting period or blood test requirements
- To be married by the County Court Magistrate you may call the County Court (461-7143) to schedule an appointment
- All marriage licenses obtained in Adams County are public record and will be printed in the Hastings Tribune without exception. The Tribune prints only marriage licenses obtained in Adams County
- You may apply for an application for a Marriage License at the County Clerk's Office Monday through Friday, 9am to 4:30 pm, no exceptions